SAFETY AND SECURITY
The Old Las Palmas neighborhood is both beautiful and safe yet, even here from time to time, untoward events occur. Recently, gardeners have reported incidents of tools and equipment being stolen by thieves taking advantage of open gates while the gardeners were working. So warn your gardener to be watchful and alert to strangers accessing your property while they are there.
By each of us making a practice of following those few simple security measures spelled out at our fall OLPNO gathering by Palm Springs Police Chief Al Franz, miscreants will be inclined to take their mischief to more easily penetrable environments:
• Keep all the doors locked when you are away - even for a short time - and make a habit of always arming your security system when going out the door.
• Test your alarm system regularly.
• Don’t make your home vulnerable when you’re on vacation. Get to know your neighbors and ask them to pick up newspapers, phonebooks, UPS notices and anything that may accumulate at your gate or door your while you are gone.
• Keep perimeter and outdoor lights lit from dusk, and when you’re away, place a few interior lights on timers.
• Maintain photo records of your belongings.
• Be a good neighbor. Report any suspicious activity.